Collection of Personal Information
When a visitor places an order with BSG, BSG may collect personal information about you, including name, title, company, address, email address, phone numbers and, in rare instances, other categories of personal information, such as payment card information, driver’s license numbers, social security numbers (or equivalent national identification numbers) and date of birth.
In addition to purchasing products or service and registration, BSG may ask you for and collect personal information at other times, including when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, participate in a promotion or marketing campaign sponsored by BSG or one of its business partners, when you want to find out about service offered in your area, when you complete surveys or other questionnaires; when you participate in a user forum or blog hosted by BSG or one of its business partners, when you send an email to BSG, when you express interest in employment with BSG, or when you engage in other activities on its web site.
In addition, BSG’s web server logs collect the domain names of visitors to its web site. This information is aggregated to measure number of visits, average time spent on the BSG’s web site, pages viewed and other web site usage information. BSG uses this information to measure the use of its site and to improve the content of its site. Aggregated information is not used in such a form that would enable direct connection of any personal information to BSG’s visitors.
Any submissions that you make to any public areas of BSG’s web site such as bulletin boards ("Public Areas") will be public and will not be considered personal information. BSG does not control, and are not responsible for, the actions of other users of the web site or of clients with respect to any information you post in Public Areas. In addition, information that you submit to Public Areas may be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages and for other purposes.
Personally Identifiable Information
When you are on the BSG’s web site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with BSG, its subsidiaries and related companies. Additionally, if you purchase a mobile phone, accessories or other device requiring service, your personal information is shared with the service provider/carrier with whom you subscribe.
BSG may also contract with third party companies to perform services for BSG on its web site that require these companies to collect personal information (e.g. hosting a web site sweepstakes, promotion or survey, or selling software downloads). BSG's web site may allow third party vendors to provide products and services directly to BSG consumers. Such relationships are designated with a "Provided By" or "Powered By" company legend or logo, or other similarly worded designation. If you desire to purchase a product or service from such third party, your personal information will be collected by the third-party company, and shared with BSG. You may review the privacy practices of the third party either by clicking the link on the bottom of the page, or by clicking on the "Provided by Company" logo, which will take you to their web site.
BSG takes great pride in utilizing only reputable business partners. BSG may, on occasion, provide personal information to third-party businesses as part of a specific product, service, or promotion. BSG shares web site usage information about visitors to its web sites who have received a targeted promotional campaign with reputable third-party advertising companies for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics. For this purpose, BSG and its third-party advertising companies note some of the pages you visit on its web sites through the use of pixel tags (also called clear gifs). The information collected by BSG’s third-party advertising companies through the use of these pixel tags is not personally identifiable.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
When you enter BSG’s web site, the server may attach a small text file to your hard drive — commonly called a “cookie”. Your unique cookie tells BSG that it is you whenever you re-enter the web site, so BSG can recall where you have previously been on the web site, and what, if anything, you have in your shopping cart. Cookies help BSG deliver a better web site experience to its users.
You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your Internet browser preferences, you have the ability to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. Please note that, if you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those services or engage in activities that require the placement of cookies.
Use of Information Collected via BSG’s Web Site
BSG shall use your personally identifiable information that is collected on its web sites primarily for the following purposes:
• To deliver services or to complete a transaction or service requested by you. BSG's primary goal in collecting personal information is to facilitate product order processing and to enable BSG to contact you if a problem arises with your order. Additionally, if you purchase a mobile phone, accessories or other device requiring service, your personal information may be used to obtain a credit report if necessary. Such information is required when making a purchase.
• To alert you of special offers, updated information and other new products or services from BSG, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials to you.
• To fulfill the terms of a promotion. BSG shall use the information it collects to help target valuable marketing and advertising offers. This kind of advertising may be done with banner ads as well as promotional emails sent by BSG, or by third parties under contract with BSG. BSG may also match user information with third party data to help it better understand its customers. BSG also conducts research on its users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to it when making a purchase, during a promotion, from surveys and from its server log files. BSG does this to better understand and serve its users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis as to prevent identification of personal information relating to any one individual. BSG may share this aggregated data with its business partners.
• To ensure BSG’s web site are relevant to your needs as well as to help BSG create and publish content most relevant to you. This information may also be used to provide you with a customized experience on BSG’s web site, which includes interactive communications, and other services. BSG’s web site may also contain optional surveys and questionnaires asking for information, as well as several opportunities for visitors to ask questions. BSG uses the information you provide to help it design and build better products, to customize your shopping experience, and to provide advice and purchase recommendations. Taking part in any of these segments is always optional and voluntary.
• To allow you access to limited-entry areas of BSG’s web sites.
• To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or other inquiry.
• Finally, BSG may also ask for your personal information when you express an interest in employment opportunities at BSG.
Access to Personal Information
BSG or its business partners may, from time to time, send you email or direct mail regarding BSG’s products and services. If you do not want to receive such information, simply inform BSG when giving your personal information, or follow the directions contained on the mailing to remove your name from its mailing list(s).
On certain types of BSG promotions or sweepstakes, BSG will ask for your email address in order to contact you in the event you have won a prize. When you participate in these types of promotions, you may receive promotion-related email. Occasionally these promotion-related email messages may include targeted advertisements. If you do not wish to receive such advertisements, you can choose not to participate in such promotions or contests. Please note that by refusing to provide personal information or by denying or withdrawing consent to use personal information for purposes identified, you may be unable to participate in certain programs or activities sponsored by BSG.
Security of Your Personal Information
When you place an order or provide personal information, BSG employs certain technical and organization security measures. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, BSG cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to BSG and you understand that any information that you transfer to BSG is done at your own risk.
Your information is protected during transmission by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Only the last four digits of your credit card numbers are revealed when confirming an order. Of course, the entire credit card number is transmitted to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
We give you access to information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. You can add or update certain information on pages. When you update information, a copy of the prior version may be kept for our records
International Transfer of Information
Collection and Use of Information from Children Under the Age of 13
BSG does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If BSG learns that it has collected the personal information of a child under 13 BSG will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.